New Student Orientation
Orientation is the first step to achieve academic and personal success at HCM! Orientation
supports student success by facilitating the transition of new students into our school. It is
your initial integration into life at HCM, preparing you for broad educational opportunities,
programs and services, and personal and academic responsibilities.
All new students should attend an orientation session and since enrolling in school impacts
your family, we encourage you to invite them to join you.
Following participation in orientation, you should be able to:
- Identify school services and resources that are available to enhance your academic
- success and overall school experience.
- Understand and be able to apply many of HCM’s policies and procedures.
- Identify and utilize many of the school’s online resources.
- Understand general academic requirements.
One Day On-Campus Orientation
Check-in for the one day orientation programs will take place at 8:00 am at HCM. Orientation
and Welcome Leaders, along with other School Staff, will be available to assist you with the
process. You must check-in by 8:30 am in order to assure that you will be able to complete
the check-in process, including taking your (school id) photo before the start of your
orientation program. Topics covered in these sessions include, Learning Resource Center,
Honor Code, Academic Integrity and much more.
The program agenda for the One Day On-Campus Orientation will be:
- Continental breakfast
- Admissions Requirements
- Honor Code
- Academic Integrity
- Learning Resource Center
- Student Records
- Degree Audits and Graduation
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Advising for Students
- Financial Obligations